5/08/2006

What I wont do

Recently I happened to read an interview by Rahsmi Bansal in which she answered that one should make his or her mind clear about his/her career and atleast decide "What I will not do". To me this is such a big and dangerous question that I actually stopped thinking about it.

There are so many things that I can list down that I had happily told that "ye to nahin hi karoonga" and after a few whips from luck I find myself doing it. I started noticing this after a person I can call wise told me once, "never say, I would not do x thing" because then the whole world conspires to make you do it (plagiarism :)). I'm sure this should be happening with others too, but I'm also sure that with lesser surety than mine.

Rather I have had better luck with "I can try to do it". I mean when I am quite unsure of my success, I guess the effort is more than required and it has got me some excellent results. Well excellent is not that great but atleast say 3 out of 10 times it works and that too is excellent considering if I say "I wont do it" and forget about it, I have had to do it with almost cent percent surety.

The entropy of the world ensures that your plans shake and you slip into the same pit that you wanted to avoid, in short you get that "dreamers bad luck". So I shall try not to say "I wont do this thing" but who knows I might :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great site lots of usefull infomation here.
»