6/04/2006

Is movie se dimag fanaa ho jaye

Well I was not at all thinking of writing any reviews about Fanaa. Many have already written pages on it and it does not make sense to write a movie which is generally dubbed by people as not making up to the marks. Atleast that's what the image I could get from the reviews that I have read. But now that I have seen the movie, I was provoked to write a review to save millions who read this blog.

I had less expectations from the review but the movie disappointed after that also. The initial phase of shayari and the instant maggie 2 minutes falling in love is one of the most hilarious part of the movie. What could easily have been termed as roadside romeogiri is depicted as the best form of wooing. (Low level has gone to the level of hardware perhaps). A guide giving flying kisses to girls in the bus, girls appreciating it looked all like axe land story to me. I digest it all saying that my competency in love matters is nothing that I should be proud of and also that I am watching a movie

Well the movie progresses with such huge negligence of the public common sense that I lost track of what all was going wrong. Amir enters army after killing someone who is never traced by his wife also for 2 months and of course landing in army location where no one, yes no one knew you after the mission also must be easy. Farhaan beats the Indian army in Mithun da ishtyle after jumping from the helicopter and a whole battalion (mind you with a helicopter and motorized sledges) cannot get hold of a person on snowboard. Well I digest all that considering that mithun da did it some 20 years ago and so today's heros must be little advanced.

Well movie becomes a little sane after all this only with little irritating overuse of the dialogues like "Farhaan jitna aapse pyaar karta hai.." and "Har kaam akele nahin hota hai".

Overall then the movie tries not to disappoint more than it has already done till now. You start ignoring things like that what a girl would do when she sees her father's dead body. Run to get some help, panic or just wait casually for her husband to be back. Finding Farhaan's location from the radio is not possible but when Zuni does a radio her location is all known by itself. The intelligence people discuss as if they are sitting on some UP ki chai ki dukaan. Coz the confidence with which they discuss complex politics to extreme science puts any NASA Scientist to shame.

Coming to the point of Kajol and Aamir in the movie. Yes they look good and actually they never looked bad to me so not a selling point for me atleast. And as someone pointed out, they could have made a portfolio of both the artists and shown it as a slide show if that is the only point for which people should see Fanaa.

Songs are good and out of them "Dekho na" is awesome and it's video irresistible

No comments: