3/23/2006

Ye log kaun hai be?

Ye log kaun hai be? Jis weekend poocho us weekend tum free nahin hote? This is a common refrain from my friends who are not in Mysore. And most of the time I am like, yaar pata nahin kuch to program ban raha hai, Kahin bhi ja sakte hain. This is mostly courtesy our 'raj tours and travels' run by Rohit and kapil. Will tell the details in the lines to come.
So thought of jotting a few lines introducing these people. This is also due to the utter need for a lighter post on my blog. I'll try to acknowledge that this appraisal of mine is purely subjective based. Those having problem with this, I would assure them that 'next time' its going to be bed of roses for them. And that too whole 3 and a half inch matress of it. Ok!! On this post some of the things that cannot be published on my very respected and widely read blog are purposely avoided fearing national uproar and sonia's resignation.

Rohit
So lets start with Rohit, my room mate. He is the co founder of the secret travel organisation which I will call raj tours and travels only in our circle. They gave a fancy name but It has slipped my mind. I think I will come to this travel part after I tell about Kapil. So the most noticeable (or un-noticeable) thing about him is his age. Rexona people should pack their bags as I can vouch he uses only dove and still has beaten any Rexona college model by a margin of 10 years. I don't know if you people can figure out maths and physics but he was born on 29th Feb and counts himself 7 and a half years old only. But believe me in a recent dinner a girl voted me the oldest of the lot :). A great project manager as he can manage atleast 4 windows of chat at a time. Oh forgot to mention, on atleast 4 different messengers ;). He also possesses a different ability with the camera. The category if I call is people photography and I have not seen my photographs clicked by him. I have posed many a times though but when the photo is downloaded god knows why I am never in it. Some supernatural phenomenon maybe.

Kapil
Kapil could have been the best girl on bike. The way he leans over you at every break you press, every bumper you cross or practically mostly except when your bike is accelerating. Unfortunately he is not a girl and fortunately he owns a car. So we don't get this feeling all that often. Has hidden talents like singing and dancing together when fully reloaded. I remember last time I saw this was on a highway where we stopped and he sang and he danced. I think most of us could dance to his tunes. Has the best songs suggestions in Antakshari (only rule is that kajrare should be allowed 4 times)

Now the travel part. When Kapil combines with Rohit they make a dangerous mixture for getting insane ideas of travel. They can make programs like "kal ka breakfast ooty main hoga", almost like Alexander would say to his army while capturing a territory. Though we had their predecessor in Jitenrdra Pandey who fortunately did not have such execution skills. So the latest is.. 'yaar Singapore chalte hain'. Bhagwan hi maalik hai ab.

Suprabhat
Jeda naam haiga 'Su' or 'Suppi' as most would call him. Ranks second in drinking.. water. First is the most health conscious Rahul Bakshi. Suppi has the extreme privilege of learning guitar with me and is most supportive in following my pace of learning. So in total we are at the bottom of the class of guitar. We recently did however beat 2 joinees in playing Jana gana mana of course with I starting from where Suppi stopped and vice versa. He can be called the most serious person on the group. The sane balancer to the travel organisers, though his controversial video was caught in 2005 new year which did shake people's opinion a bit.

Bakshi
He is an occasional into our outings. I think he knows its better to avoid it than to get sucked in. Rank one in what Suppi is second. Holds national records for that. Can tell sher-o-shairi on occasion. A married man. That's all, what else can I tell about a married man.

Vikas
Vikas PK roj office aata hai. He does not come drunk or something, its his name and I got inspired from 'Chupke chupke'. Mostly we have contention in the matter of girls. Somehow we like the same girl and we are still friends only because of our collective incompetence in such matters. He is master of PJs. Is infected by his cubicle mate (or I think he has infected him) but they run the biggest factory of PJs in our department. Its to the level that we sometimes warn people like 'Vikas type joke mat maar yaar'. One of the weekly PJ is that if you say you're lucky he would in a reflex say "no I am vikky" and you'd just bang your own head. He also became famous after his 2005 new year party video was caught and seen by a few girls.

Vivek
Or Kandya as we know him. Sleeping is his basic biological limitation. And he watches movies remotely made in Siberia with English subtitles. I think both activities aid each other. Movies put him to sleep and so he can watch the movies fully even without subtitles. Only unexplained phenomena is that he can discuss about them the next day. Has the lethal weapon in smile, use it when someone puts you in difficult situation and stand with that. Vikas sure can recall when we had seen this scene at the Food court birthday party. Speaks fundoo hindi with gems of slips of tounge, latest one was when he was talking about something on Elephant's anatomy. He is the first person who has taken permanent subscription to the Raj tours and Travel agency.

Who all ask this???
Anshul
Now he is in Bangalore and has capacity to talk hours to guys. Incidentally he used to claim that he cannot talk to girls that much till recently he surpassed his own records. I can actually write more interesting stuff for a few more pages about him but sheeshe ke ghar main rehne waale doosro par patthar nahin pheka karte (he was my schoolmate/collegemate/stuggle etc)

Rishi
Bhappaji or bade bhai in punjabi. He lives up to his name. Ram chandra in modern days. 'Sakoon ' lover. Good cook.A good fellow till he recently got married :). Again can't say anything more about married people. Can write loads about him but as he was my collegemate/strugglemate etc the same rule as Anshul applies to him.

On a realistic note, the ball is not there to last. Globalisation has its fallouts after all. So before I end, one picture is most apt for remembrance (not because it contains all of the mentioned but because our photogenic faces are saved public scrutiny)

3 comments:

ASSET said...

Good post.
More so coz i know most of these guys, n so was in splits reading it.
U sure hv a future in penning good comic scripts.

But me n papa were surpassed quite intelligently. Hv taken offence on tht.

Asset

Suprabhat Mukherjee said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ASSET said...

Now, Suppi has opened a Pandora's Box, so let me throw some light on Pappu.
I know him more than ne of the mentioned guys, as i know him since ages. He's like a partner, though I hv only slept with him at hostel(dont make out nething).

First of all, the praise.
He is a gem of a person.Very good nature, always helping, one who will get up in the middle of the night 2 help u out. He has a good analytical mind, and cud reach many more heights in future.

But otherwise, he is a comic character. One whose demeanours r like laughing stock at ne get-together. He is an absent minded prof, always come out with silly portrayal of himself tht makes u laugh on his face.Regarding gals, Suppi may hv other notions, but i can tell tht he's a big FATTU. He's like the one who rues on lost chances,he still remmbers his first crush. n keeps digging for her.
Though i know his life inside out, but i'll not spill all the beans here.
As aps said, i can write pages on him also n all the hilarious incidents. But tht requires an app free time.

All in all, a good person to have in life.

Asset