3/20/2006

String Theory

Stumbled upon this sensationally made documentaries on "String Theory". When I say stumbled it was actually that only as I was using "Stumble Upon" Extension on my Firefox to kill my boredom. Its a nice good plugin. You can specify your likes and then keep on clicking stumble till you hit something good. When you hit something good by your interests its better to rate that page so that stumble upon refines its searches from the set of pages it has. You can even meet people who have pages of the same interests. You can maintain your bookmarks (not as elegantly as in del.icio.us). All the links that I have put is nothing which has appeared suddenly that I am writing about, but yes I have started using them of late only.

Well coming back to the topic, String theory is actually a theory of everything. Something that has not been proved wrong and obviously not true either. Whether true or not but the arguments given in the 3 hour documentary program are quite interesting to say the least. But somehow at the end of it the theory goes complex enough for mortals like me to loose track. The end parts that it cannot be proved and yet people sticking to it seems more like a fad. The initial few episodes seriously did brush a lot of physics basics which surely one forgets in this sea of IT services job.

Believer or not but the documentary is worth a watch.

No comments: