4/26/2006

Tadeyandamol: Trek of my life

Suppi: keeda hai. ABE KEEDA HAI!!!

Suppi: Abe mera tent unglamorous lag raha hai. Theek se bandho

Suppi: Saala macro photo leta rehta hai, maaro saale ko
*the macro here is Kandya's. simply great.


Kandya: This is my style. Yaa this is my style.
pata bhi nahin tha ke sar par 2 topi lagi hain.

Aps: Anshul ke bag main saare chips hain aur kuch nahin
(Sorry buddy, but I can play jokes on you right. Its official now, you did carry a tent :))

Kapil: Tum logo ki body buddhi ho gayi hai. Meri body dekho, kitni fit hai

Aps: Aakade, aag ko udhar shift kar do.
:).. this is kannada guys.

Kapil: Tu pyar hai kisi aur ka.. tujhe chahta koi aur hai
(well the joke was on me)

Ranga: There are cheetas on the hill

Ranga: Who will be giving duty outside the camps? I can give till 2 am.
(no this did not happen)

Ranga: Lets hit the peak in 20 mins, be back in 20 mins. Guys you can have 40 mins to sleep

Ranga: My treads are worn out, have to come on all four
(and yes he came)

Kapil: Abe aaram kar lete hain, tum log thak gaye hoge

Kaps : Abe yahin se dekh lete hain yaar, upar se bhi same scene dikhega

Kandya: Maine life main ye pig pehli baar dekha be.
Kapil: Haan main ye waala pig life main pehli hi baar dekha hai.

Kapil: Abe anshul tum waste karte ho. Shatru tum bhi waste karte ho

These lines are the essence of the trip we had to Tadeyandamol, highest peak in Western Ghats. It was expected that as there were some enthusiastic budding bloggers, all/atleast three might come up with their version of the travelogue.

I still hope someone actually comes up with it. It was the first time that I had been on a trek where I carried my own tents and in a group where no one except one or two had camped ever. I had camped in my childhood in well made army camps with everything handled by school teachers who took us there (more of a resort). Since Tadeyandamol was raw, untrammelled, un-planned to some extent, the kind of uncertainities/excitement/exaustion/exhileration we felt is not easy to put down.
Tadeyandamol is conquered. That red cap is the new highest point on the peak.

*In case I have missed any good dialogue then do add

3 comments:

ASSET said...

2 good aps.
in fact, i was also thinking of writing a blog on the trip, but somehow not getting time.
will do tht surely soon.

but for the record, i did carry the tent.n also was the saviour when all the drinking water was over.

Asset

Suprabhat Mukherjee said...

Hillarious moments! The pain of the climb would never been eased without these lighter moments with friends.

Great to have the pics and transcripts in place here, would be a treat to revisit the writing few years down and re-live the times.

TSR said...

(TSR takes a bow)....